For her client, PharmAccess, Dux International is looking for a CEO.
Organisatie | Organisation
The PharmAccess Group
The PharmAccess Group is an entrepreneurial, international organization that works towards inclusive health markets in Africa with an integrated approach. PharmAccess has a history of re-imagining what is possible. It challenges the notion that exclusion from healthcare is an inevitable consequence of living in poorer countries and identifies the opportunities and partners, both private and public, needed to bring about transformation that leaves no-one behind.
PharmAccess aims to be an innovator and catalyst for practical changes in healthcare that can be scaled up. Working in public-private partnerships, we leverage donor contributions, technology, and blended finance to increase trust in the health system, reduce risks and transaction costs, paving the way for sustainable public and private investments. PharmAccess has a long-term strategic partnership with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and is supported by a large group of public and private donors and investors.
PharmAccess develops bottom-up innovations and initiatives in healthcare financing and delivery such as inclusive health insurance models, health payment platforms, value-based care models, quality standards and investment funds for health SMEs. Technological innovation is at the heart of what we do. We forge new partnerships and use digitalization and a data driven approach to accelerate access to basic quality care for millions of people in sub-Saharan Africa and build towards resilient health systems. Together with our partners we test and develop initiatives further and grow successful models with regional and national governments as well as other (global) stakeholders, enabling and promoting wider adoption, replication, and scaling.
An example supporting this is the launch of international SafeCare standards, that equip healthcare providers with clinical standards for quality improvement that patients and investors can trust. To address the investment gap in African healthcare, PharmAccess initiated a blended financing vehicle named Medical Credit Fund (MCF) that collaborates with a range of partners to help private healthcare clinics access affordable (digital) loans and support them to improve the quality of healthcare they deliver.
Together with CarePay, a transformational IT company that started in Kenya, PharmAccess has co-initiated a mobile and digital health payment platform that has the potential to fundamentally change healthcare. The platform facilitates innovative ways to finance medical services, bringing in efficiency, better targeting of those who are in need, and promoting transparency of healthcare services and transactions.
PharmAccess’ head office is in Amsterdam, but with most of its staff (65%) based in Kenya, Tanzania, Nigeria, and Ghana it is equally firmly rooted in sub-Saharan Africa.
Entities and governance
Since 2001, PharmAccess has developed into a group of organizations with strongly related objectives and activities. The PharmAccess Group Foundation currently comprises the following different entities: Stichting PharmAccess International (PAI), Stichting Health Insurance Fund (HIF), Stichting Medical Credit Fund (MCF), Stichting SafeCare.
The organization employs approximately 210 FTE, working in offices in the Netherlands, Kenya, Tanzania, Nigeria, and Ghana. The Executive Statutory Board of the Stichting PharmAccess Group Foundation comprises of the CEO and CFO. It operates for all the underlying foundations within the organization, including Stichting PharmAccess International and reports directly to the Supervisory Board. Furthermore, PharmAccess Group is closely linked to the Joep Lange Institute and the Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development and the Amsterdam Health Technology Institute.
Functie | Tasks and responsibilities
Exciting opportunity to lead PharmAccess, an innovative healthcare organization
This is an exciting opportunity to lead an innovative healthcare organization, making the concept of inclusive health markets work in sub-Saharan Africa. PharmAccess is looking for a visionary leader with a passion for healthcare developments and (digital) innovation. Besides fulfilling the role of primary representative ‘as the face of the organization’, the CEO will further promote and develop the PharmAccess portfolio within the national and international networks. The CEO will provide thought leadership in healthcare transformation and has an entrepreneurial mindset to inspire unorthodox thinking.
- Provide future-oriented leadership with strategic direction to further revolutionize healthcare in sub-Saharan Africa by responding to the opportunities that occur in this era of digital transformation;
- Identify market opportunities and create new (technology) initiatives with support from within the organization and external partners;
- Able to manage in a politically sensitive playing field, initiating and maintaining strong, direct relationships with strategic and institutional partners in the global South and North;
- Ensure the strategic use of development finance and philanthropic funds to mobilize private capital flows to health markets in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Further professionalize the organization, focusing on strategic direction with room for initiatives.
Functie-eisen | Job requirements
- Strong inspirational leader, able to formulate new strategies and build support both internally and externally;
- Ability to build common understanding and align resources to accomplish key strategic goals;
- Good fit to our entrepreneurial culture and committed to reaching the mission and goals of PharmAccess;
- Understanding of (social) entrepreneurship, investment models and knowledge of healthcare financing;
- Networker and connector with vast experience in high level stakeholder management: a good understanding of international development and the bi -and multi-lateral (government) funding landscape;
- Proven success in working with professionals and diverse partners in a complex work field and familiar with change management;
- Experience in international development, including health, with economic and/or financial know-how;
- Insight in digitalization and product development ;
- Working experience in an international setting, specifically in Africa;
- Academic degree.
- Collaborative leadership style;
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with agility, a can-do attitude and willingness to cooperate;
- Fluent in English and Dutch, able to represent PharmAccess in a variety of settings;
- Ability to maintain high standards of ethics, integrity, professionalism and accountability;
- Sensitivity in working with a culturally diverse, multi-lingual, global team;
- Willingness to travel extensively.
Wij zijn altijd op zoek naar executives die een verschil willen maken
Bent u op zoek naar een nieuwe uitdaging in de non-profit? Dan zit u bij ons goed. Met ons brede netwerk binnen de non-profit, gaan wij met u op zoek naar dé uitdaging die bij u past!Open sollicitatie