Interim General Manager (7683)
DUX is hiring:
Interim General Manager for our client, The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD)
Based in Amsterdam
Duration: 3-4 months, 32-36 hours per week
Start date: November
Interim: ZZP or temporary contract (detachering)
Language: Dutch / English
Organisatie | Organisation
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health & Development (AIGHD) is a research and education institute with a mission to address challenges in global health and development by conducting collaborative interdisciplinary research, generating insights and solutions, and educating the next generation of global health leaders.
AIGHD conducts collaborative, interdisciplinary research prioritizing infectious disease elimination, antimicrobial drug resistance, chronic care & ageing, urbanization & health, health markets, and economics of human development. It aims to educate and inspire the next generation of global health leaders at undergraduate, post-graduate, and professional levels to shape a healthier and more prosperous future for all. AIGHD aspires to accelerate progress on global health objectives by sharing knowledge and insights with global agencies, governments, NGOs, and the scientific community.
Functie | Tasks and responsibilities
The Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development (AIGHD) is looking for an Interim General Manager. Reporting to the Chair of the Executive Board of Directors and participating in the Executive Board, the individual is a key member of the Operational Management Team. As an organization with a complex, international network of stakeholders which includes academic institutes, funding agencies and NGOs, the successful candidate’s flexible and pragmatic approach is vital for success.
The interim General Manager will ensure the smooth operation of day-to-day management of AIGHD.
Main areas of responsibilities and tasks:
• Advise the Executive Board.
• Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of direct reports by guiding and coaching the operational team; direct reports are from HR, Secretariat, Project Management
• Oversee the financial performance including planning, grants/funding for projects and other business ventures
• Monitor the organization’s budget and forecasts and regularly report on status to the Executive Board
• Oversee contract and legal management
• Implement policies and legal guidelines and ensure compliance among team members
• Identify and solve problems to maintain business and operations
Functie-eisen | Job requirements
• Experience in senior management position in an international environment (min 5 years)
• Experience working in an academic or scientific research organization, preferably with a focus on global health or other international project organizations.
• Academic educational level
• Experienced in financial budgeting, planning and annual reporting, having a strong financial acumen
• Experience in HR Leadership
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in Dutch and English
• Experienced in contract management
• Ability to inspire and coach the team members
• Effective (project) management skills and delegation
• Effective decision making
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
Wij zijn altijd op zoek naar executives die een verschil willen maken
Bent u op zoek naar een nieuwe uitdaging in de non-profit? Dan zit u bij ons goed. Met ons brede netwerk binnen de non-profit, gaan wij met u op zoek naar dé uitdaging die bij u past!Open sollicitatie